One of the most stress tasks we will do in our lifetime is buying a home. One of the reasons I chose to get into real estate was being able to be a part of such a big transaction with someone. The gratification I feel when I am with clients and we look and look at homes, and THEN the one they like we just left! There is no better feeling than being a part of that and now transforming that excitability into reality of it becoming their home.
I came across this article that was pointing out some positives that really help when you are trying to look at buying a home:
- The cost of a BUYERS agent is FREE. The seller pays the buyer’s agent commissions.
- They are expert of local markets and like myself I have lived in all the major cities of the valley.
- They have a list of preferred lenders that have a proven track record of helping their clients in a positive way.
- They have access to the MLS listings which will be updated compared to you seeing things in Zillow, Trulia etc.
- They will look around for comparable properties to know how much the home you like is really worth.
- They research the neighborhoods where you look and can provide feedback.
- They will negotiate the sale price. Sometimes this will require going back and forth (countering) several times.
- They will be able to gather all the documents that you would need to complete the transaction.
In the end, it is your choice if you choose to use a real estate agent when wanting to purchase a home. If you do choose to use a real estate professional, make sure you really trust this person and really feel like you have someone in your corner helping you with this very important decision you are able to make.